Minggu, 26 Juni 2011

Hometown + Dark Inspiration

My spacious room in the morning
So after a year away from my hometown, Duri, finally I got the chance to go back and visit it. So far, nothing much has changed. But I do look forward to that non-changing feeling that I used to experience. I can't wait to see the beautiful twilight sky that made me stayed in my room all afternoon. I can't wait to visit my school and the places that I like to go to when with friends. AH! All of them, at least give me one last chance to visit all of them again.

Let's move on to my room first. No, it's not usually this clean. But I like it this way. I like the spacious feeling that it gives. And oh, that's my electric guitar that I vandalized! I wonder if it still works. 

My current workspace. I don't know why the remote have any significance towards the "workspace" concept
This is where I'm gonna spend my days in Duri. Just rolling around this pink carpet and glueing my eyes to my laptop screen, checking on my Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr for all I care. BUT NO! I don't wanna do that for the whole vacation. Imma find my self something to do. So you better look forward to it! On the side note, I got my Beats back! I can listen to my k-pops privately now (teehee, I secretly like K-pop music... not really). Got a new camera too. I can't wait to get on my bike and take pictures. And something new that I recently got is... -drumroll- a book called Dark Inspiration!

The awesomeness that is Dark Inspiration
Got it at (ak.'sa.ra) bookstore and all I can say is, uh-mazing. These kind of book is hard to stumble upon and I'm pretty lucky to have found one. I like dark artworks and this book has a lot of lovely dark artworks from the artist I know and several ones that are new to me. 

Order from left to right. Top: Kate MacDowell, Audrey Kawasaki. Bottom: Fuco Ueda, Oleg Dou
I'd love to show all the lovely artworks in this book, but I'm just too lazy to take a picture of all of them. Only thing to do now is get your own copy. Don't fuss about the prize, it's definitely worth the money. 

Out of all the artworks in there, Oleg Dou's the one that gave a little bit more impact to me than the others. I don't know why, but I'm quite fond of the faces that he portrays in his artwork. My favorite is Duza's Tears.

Duza's Tears. 2008.

3 komentar:

  1. I'm dying for the last picture. ♥ Ahhh~

    And whoa! Beats? Awesome. -u- I kinda wish I had them, but I can't talk myself into spending the money for headphones. D: But they must be precious~

    Btw, a year or so ago I got this book http://www.3dartspace.com/images/stories/Frontpage/gothic_art_now_cover_b.jpg also with gothic art, it's also really impressive and freaky inspiring. I really like some high quality and distinguished gothic art, for example like the last picture you added, I mean OMG. So little can have such an impact. x.x I love.

    BalasHapus
  2. I went to heaven because of it. lol!

    Yeah, but that was a present from my mom. I need to start making money and save up to buy all my needs, like you. ^^

    That's really cool! Oh I need to have 'em. Seriously, so far I've only found 2 books. The one that I have and the one my sister have about Japanese gothic artwork.

    BalasHapus
  3. I see. Well you do that! (Save up and things.. ) :'D

    BalasHapus