Selasa, 14 Februari 2012

Life's Good, Not Best






This year's Valentine was like no other. I spend it with 2 of my mates and 5 musically talented and good looking men. Those men are famous with the name The Horrors, which consist of Faris Badwan as the vocals, Joshua Hayward on guitar, Rhyss Webb on bass, Tom Cowan on the synths, and Joe Spurgeon on drums.
The idea of The Horrors performing in Indonesia blows my mind and the fact that they did it in Bandung, out of all of the cities in Indonesia, definitely gave me a heart attack. I mean, this is a band that I listened to in my early years of highschool. And not to the content of getting into it everyday. I only listened to them on my leisure time. 
Then BAM! They're here 5 years later. It was definitely a surreal experience. As me, Cungek, and Desu went into the venue, our hearts were beating fast, impatient of those 5 presence. We waited for a reasonable amount of time, finally they came out to the stage. The lights were blinding and I'm pretty sure that I had a slight epileptic attack in my head from looking at the light show, but it didn't stop me from enjoying the men playing instruments in front of me.
Though my mind was battling whether to just enjoy the music or admire the slender legs that Faris has. Oh those Godly legs, how I wish to have them!
Sadly they didn't play the songs from the old days, the Strange House period. That was the first time I encountered The Horrors, it was like wandering off into a new world. Definitely the highlight of this new year.

2 komentar:

  1. wow i haven't known yet about the band. haha what kind of music do they play? and btw the concert seem so fun, and great shots!

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. It's a kind of indie brittish rock band. they used to play this garage rock kinda music, but now more into the electro shoegaze stuff. I only occasionally listen to them now. haha. The concert was amazing though, still a new experience definitely. Thank you :)

      Hapus